You’re all checked in for your signature session with your drink of choice in hand, and you’re ready to begin your awesome Splash Studio painting. A 16”x20” gallery-wrapped canvas sits on the easel in front of you. You have a palette with eight colors of acrylic paint, a set of four brushes in assorted sizes (two flat and two round), a cotton rag for drying, and a water cup.
What comes next? Painting at Splash Studio can be as educational as it is fun. Check out all of the interesting tricks and skills you'll be exposed to while painting at Splash.
1. Mix paint colors (and water) to create any color you desire with an opacity level that is appropriate.
2. Blend paint into a gradient with smooth transitions from one color to the next.
3. Apply paint onto canvas using a variety of techniques. Our acrylic paints are very versatile – they can be used to create both a thin, even wash as well as thick, textured marks.
4. Layer paint in order to create depth. Layering paint is a key component in creating a piece where some objects seem closer than others.
5. Create complex objects such as animals and buildings by breaking them down into a series of simple shapes.
6. Paint highlights and shadows onto objects using shades of color in order to create a three-dimensional effect on the canvas.
While we focus on fun and creativity throughout your session, our team of artists are trained professionals who are skilled in both teaching and painting. They are required to be re-certified each year, ensuring that you receive the best quality of instruction every time you come. Consider each of them as your personal guru for artistic enlightenment!
Ages 15+ welcome.